To advance equitable policies and practices that center community voice to achieve positive birth and breastfeeding outcomes for Black families.
- Explain how innovation and technology can inform practice and improve maternal-child-health outcomes.
- Demonstrate effective use of communication skills that drive visibility of Black breastfeeding messages and imagery.
- Describe ways to advance Black community leadership in maternal-child-health.
- State how research and data collection drive clinical and/or non-clinical maternal-child-health practices and policies.
- Identify ways to mobilize families, communities, and public/private institutions to create strategies, make decisions and implement action steps that lead to equitable breastfeeding support for black families.
- Express ways that healthcare providers, social service agencies, non-profits, community-based organizations, government, community members and/or mothers execute programs to improve Black maternal-child-health outcomes.
- List peer and clinical solutions for breastfeeding challenges.
jessica Care moore, author of “We Want Our Bodies Back”.
Poet, Executive Producer, Black WOMEN Rock!, Apollo Legend, Recording Artist.
Nicole Riley, The Mourning Moms
Listen to a live reading from noteworthy Black authors, followed by a virtual meet and greet.
Innovation and Technology
Explore high-tech, low-tech and no-tech innovative solutions to improve MCH outcomes.
Understand how to use messaging, imagery, and content creation to advance breastfeeding advocacy, support and practice.
Activate, strengthen and advance maternal-child-health leadership inherent in all black communities.
Peer and Clinical Breastfeeding Support
Learn about breastfeeding peer support models and clinical practices to best educate, support, and manage the breastfeeding dyad.
Learn about cultural, local, state and national breastfeeding groups.
Meet the 2021 Conference Speakers
Conference Discount Promo Code(s) expire September 29:
LOYALTY2021 (5% for previous seminar or conference attendees)
STUDENT2021 (5% for current students)
Conference Discount Promo Code(s) expireSeptember 29:
GROUP2021 (15% for agencies with 5 or more registrants)